Saturday, November 1, 2008

Waiting for Grandma

If you remember back to my "Family Connection" blog, I had spent the summer going through family photos, histories and working on genealogy. Most of this renewed interest came about because of the death of my husband's grandmother last November. Grandma's death was sudden. She was 100 years old, and in good health. These pages are in remembrance of her.
The paper has the look and feel of textured wall paper. I rub a white ink pad over the surface, and highlighted with a white gel pen. I used the same gel pen to decorate the laser cut "Waiting for Grandma".
I pulled apart then re-assembled a large white flower. The center is a brad, I covered with tacky tape, and rolled in tiny glass marbles. The "together" tag probably came off a shirt, and the love charm from a wedding announcement. Grandma is hiding in a velum envelope.

4 comments:

Cristine's Story said...

I love your genealogy projects. That's what got me started in this business!

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

A beautiful book and remembrance!!

Flippinpest said...

This is such a beautiful and delightful book. Your work on it is stunning :-)

Anonymous said...

Your book is so beautiful! great work!