Friday, November 14, 2008

The End

All good books must come to an end, and these are the last pages in the Summer Book. Which by the way still doesn't have an official title. The page on the left is another junk mail envelope with a large velum window, stamped, rub-ons , distressed with ink and lined with Basic Gray patterned paper. The tag has puzzle pieces that I sanded, then inked.
An acrylic page has a black rub-on flourish. Behind the acrylic is the last page. It is of my grand kids. I photographed them (and photoshop the picture to sepia) as they were walking away, turning to wave good-bye. I have taken care of both GK since they were three weeks old. This year they are both off to school, so except for holiday weeks I won't be watching them. The side of the page reads "8 years of Granny Day Care" and on the bottom of the page"Remember everything I taught you and when you need me I'll be here".
We all know that summer ends when the school year starts, so...the end

3 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

A beautiful book, and beautiful memories!!

tanya watts said...

well! it's a beautiful book! really inspiring!!! it inspires me anyway!

xx tanya

House of Hullabaloo said...

Seeing those book pages makes me want to get my stuff out and start working. What a great idea to use the junk envelopes! I'm going to try to get into mystic paper soon and see all the goodies you have made!