Monday, June 29, 2009

Bee Charming

In the past I have posted photos of the birds in the bird bath in our back yard. They hang out in the mornings waiting for breakfast, but now they have competition for the water. It's BEE time at the bird bath. They show up at first light and continue all day long.
It is comical to watch them line up for a drink (I didn't know bees drank...did you know bees drank?) They will fight over the same spot, and some end up in the water doing the backstroke.
The longer I took pictures the braver and closer I got...
We have a symbiotic relationship going on here...
the bees pollinate the "Hope Garden" and we provide a watering hole...
Kids don't try this at home!

1 comment:

Cristine's Story said...

I didn't know bees drank either. But I guess it does make sense. Let's see some pictures of your Hope Garden. I have one flower on my upside down tomato plant. Hope it makes it!