Monday, December 1, 2008

Shiny Brite

I am hooked on Shiny Brite ornaments. It started out innocently enough.
Every year I would pick up one or two, here and there. Then I discovered the "mother load". There is a shop in Mesa called "Treasures from the Past Antiques".
I don't know why, but they always seem to have a larger selection then most other antique stores in the area. The weekend after Thanksgiving they have a sale.
So of course as long as they're on sale...I have to check out what they have and end up buying. Now I have a collection. What to do with all those ornaments?
Well my other collection is terrariums, so that's how all those Shiny Brites are displayed. This year the grand kids are not at the house all the time so I have a vase full of them on the coffee table.
The pink and green one, and the gold textured 1920's ornament are my latest finds.

I also found the glittery retro birds at the antique store, thought they were kind of cool,
so three of them came home with me.
Back to decorating...

3 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

They look like a lot of fun! Plus, they remind me of my grandparents tree!! Wonderful finds!! Enjoy them!

tanya watts said...

what a lovely collection they are soooo nostalgic, i remember my nana having these! ooh i doooo love them but with my kids they would not survive, maybe later when we all grow up hihi!

have a great Xmas!!!!

House of Hullabaloo said...

Those are beautiful, I love the way you display them!