Sunday, December 7, 2008

Posted Once Again


I already posted this card I made for 2004 (but here it is again). It was inspired by a light green sparkly Christmas stocking I found at Joann's (fabric and craft store). I liked that it was so festive and fit perfectly into the holiday season..but not the traditional red and green (in case you haven't noticed I go for the non-traditional). I looked all over for a shear light green material, but couldn't find the same color as the stocking. I finally bought the stocking and cut it apart to get the material I wanted. I layered and stitched (using the sewing machine) with metallic gold thread the material on top of a Bazzill card stock that complemented the shear material and edged the card stock in gold. Layered on that, I used an ivory card stock, "happy holidays" rubber stamp, heat embossed in gold. This was my first attempt at heat embossing. I made many, many "happy holidays", before I got enough that actually looked like they read "happy holidays". I used a willow green paint over the gold embossing and added a gold star brad. The card base was stamped with a sheet music rubber stamp in gold. Then I gold edged the card and placed the light green layers over the gold rubber stamping. The message on the inside of the card reads "As the merry bells keep ringing happy holidays to you"

No comments: