Friday, February 19, 2010

One last Valentine

The flowers on the table are still fresh...there is a few chocolates left in the heart shape candy box...so it's not too late for one last Valentine.
My mom had asked if I would make a card using this photo of her sister Mary, as a child, sitting in a bushel basket. Mom thought it would make a great Valentine. I had already started working on the "bird" card, but I told her I would give it a try.
So this year I sent out two Valentines...some received the Victorian Bird Valentine ...and some received Aunt Mary sitting in a bushel basket...with the text..."I love you a bushel and a peck...a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck".
Aunt Mary, who lives in Texas, called to thank me for the Valentine...and to tell me she was honored to be on one of my cards.
THANK YOU AUNT MARY for sharing the picture with me!

1 comment:

Cristine's Story said...

I love this card! And I miss you!