Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holiday Stress

Tis the season...candy is made and placed in tins to pass out, parties have been attended, the house is semi-decorated, tree is trimmed, gifts are packed up and shipped off, Christmas cards are made and mailed, shopping is done...can you say "Holiday Stress"!
Now I told you that story to tell you this story...
As I was rushing past the sun room on my way to the next seasonal chore, I spotted the cat napping. Not a cat nap mind you...but a curl up in the sunshine to get warm, with not a care in the world nap. Didn't this cat know that Christmas was only a few days away, and there was "stuff" to do!?!
I sat down on the stool and proceeded to chastise her on all the reasons that nobody has time to be napping in the middle of the day this time of year...she could care less. I'm sure she was secretly laughing a me...I would never admit it to her...but I was really envious of her nap in the sunshine...what a way to spend a day!
PS...for all of you that have asked why I haven't blogged more often...please re-read the first paragraph!

2 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Your beautiful cat knows how to spend the day!! Hope your Christmas chores are complete so you can join her soon!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Mattie said...

Woah! That cat is gorgeous and FLUFFY!!!!!!!!! I want to reach in the picture and pet it. My cat does the same all day long. But mostly, if you evr have a softblanket then he will march right on over and sleep between your legs. We once were camping and my cat was in my bed (sleeping of course) but I never like booting him just to get up and because he was between my legs and have of his body on my foot, we grabbed some old 'noodle' floaty things and put a soft blanket over them hopeing he wouldnt know the difference. Well, he did and he really didnt like that we tricked him so he slept on the kichen chair all spread out so nobody could sit there. He is just a little weirdo. Im going to put some pictures of him up on my blog that I just started so if you want to see him check it out. I don't know how to do links in comments so its www.papersinpink.blogspot.com

Thanks
Mattie