Sunday, August 5, 2012

First day of school

I'm not sure what happened to Summer Vacation...it zipped by  too fast. The kids are going back to school tomorrow. Which gives me a great excuse to share my Graphic 45 ABC Primer  patterned paper mini album...how did you like that conversation transition?

This chipboard album does not have the usual  Stickle, rhinestones and glitter pen bling that I have added to  some of the other mini albums I have designed.  This  paper reminded me of vintage school books that my grandmother may have taught from back in the 40s.
So I created a distress look by sanding the edges and using a lot of Tim Holtz Wild Honey Distress Ink. 
I used two different sizes of chip board pages for the book...it gives it a great layered look. The edges of the larger pages layered ...the red gingham and ABC area.
When you open the first small page the rest of the cover is revealed
Who does "This Book Belongs to"...
The little girl writing on the chalk board or the girl in the red dress... that appears to be giving some one a spanking...WHERE WAS THE TEACHER WHILE ALL THIS WAS GOING ON?!?!?!?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was so excited to see your name in my inbox. Life has been so busy I rarely get to view any of my friends blogs anymore. I hope you are well:)
XOXOXO