Monday, September 26, 2011

Birthday Tags

Instead of sending a card for a Birthday Greeting how about a Birthday TAG! Or if you choose to stick with tradition, you can tie a Birthday TAG onto the gift. Yes I've been playing with TAGS again...this time for Birthdays

I found the black and white photograph at an antique store of a 1950's Birthday party with kids holding balloons. With a bit of photo editing I added an "old photo" frame. The manila shipping tag was covered with colorful birthday balloon tissue paper...I embellished it with a big glitter balloon and a few gold stars.

 This "Birthday Fairy" image is one that Suzee Que shared on a Flickr group I belong to...thanks Suzee Que! The blue Fairy Wings are for sale at my Etsy store. 

 A designer from Switzerland (I think it was Switzerland...I can't remember how I found it!) had a tag on her blog using this great technique of applying  a bit of glue to one side of the tag and laying a page from an old book on top of the glue, when the glue dries you mist it with water and remove the old page. I embellished the tag with die cut flowers, a reduced image of a vintage birthday post cart and a lot of distress ink.

No comments: