Saturday, March 13, 2010

Birthdays, Tucson and Easter Cards

For my birthday, Tucson Sister gave me this children's book with wonderful graphics. She found it in one of her favorite out of the way thrift stores.
There isn't a front cover...so I have no clue when or who published it...or what the title of the book is...
The paper is kind of a thick newsprint...and measures 13x9 1/2 . Yellowed from age...
but the colors of the images are still vibrant.
At the bottom of each page is a "mini" story, describing what is going on in the image...the book might have been meant for a child in grade school.
The clothes the kids and the teacher are wearing look like it might be "fashion" from the 1920's 0r 1930's...so I'm guessing that the book was published about that time.
I thought it was a pretty cool birthday gift...I may have to take a road trip to Tucson and have TS take me shopping at all the "neat junque" stores.
Oh by the way....
Have you started your Easter cards yet? That's okay...I haven't either!

4 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Easter cards? Nope. I'm in big trouble!!

Unknown said...

Patty this book is just Great and Happy Birthday! I am sure it was a bit ago but I hope it was Wonderful:)

Thanks for the sweet post your name in my inbox always brings a smile:)
XXXOOO
Becky

Holly Moore said...

Oooh pretty. Wish I had a sister. :) I can't wait to see what you do with it. Happy birthday.

Anonymous said...

What nice sisters you have.