Friday, July 17, 2009

Christmas in July

I was surprised how easily the Mystic Paper Christmas in July Design Team
project went together. I'm not sure it was so much the theme, as it was the Basic Gray patterned paper...hey it's no secret, I am a Basic Gray girl!
With names like "Winterberry", "Merry Happy", "Brandy Butter" and "Spruce" how can you not create wonderful Christmas layouts. Basic Gray knew what they were doing when they created the "Wassail" line...this paper would be great for non holiday pages too. I really did have a good time with the Element stickers. I mounted a few of them on chipboard to give the layout some dimension. The journaling was printed on white vellum.I haven't played with that in a while.
The Vellum Glue Dots make it much easier to apply the vellum to layouts. If you are not using vellum because it's to annoying to figure out how to make it stick to you page, try the Vellum Glue Dots... they are great.
Not sure where to find the dots...Mystic has them!
Of course I added"Old Paper" distress ink and some "Star Dust" Sitckels.

My new favorite paper is the "Brandy Butter". This is a lovely shade of yellow with hints of red distressing. The Element Sticker page had some fantastic borders that I layered. The distress ink on this layout was "Tattered Rose".
What to do with the Daisy Ds Picture Hanger?
I wanted something unexpected...but couldn't come up with any ideas. Sometimes you need a little bit of creative help... I scrap-swiped this idea from the Internet. I can't remember were, so thank you to who ever came up with such a fun idea!
With the last little bit of paper and stickers I designed a Christmas card. After all what is Christmas with out Christmas cards?
I'm going to click over to see what Sheri, Lindsey and Yasu designed with their Christmas in July kits...want to come with me...just click!
Another "Oh by the way"...
Wednesday night I had great Heritage Scrapbooking class at Mystic. Lots of information and ideas to get the ladies started with all their old family photos, letters and memorabilia. If you are still wondering what to do with all your family treasures, call Mystic and sign up for the next class. It will be Saturday the 15th of August. Don't you think it's time to get your grandma out of a box and into a Heritage Scrapbook album?

2 comments:

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

Your pages turned out great, Patty! Love the card, too!

Unknown said...

Oh my Goodness! Your pages and card are SOOOO Beautiful! I love Basic Grey also! And I am now a huge fan of 7 Gypsies:)

Fabulous job!!!!
XXXOOO
Becky