Sunday, February 13, 2011

Exchanging Valentines

When we were kids my mom taught us how to make home made valentines. She would bring out the glue and scissors, lacey doilies, Dennison brand stickers...the kind you had to lick the back to make them sticky, gold Dresden scraps and old magazines to cut out pictures.

My sisters and I are still making home made (now we call it handcrafted) Valentines to exchange with each other and to send to mom.

My Flagstaff sister made this lacey one...
and the one with the embossed mulberry paper hearts and the lady bug was made by my Tucson Sister.
As you can see we each have our own unique styles...I'll post mine tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see your Valentine. Your sister's did a lovely job:)
HAPPY VALENINTE'S DAY Patty

Little Black Scrap Cat said...

I don't think I ever made Valentine's as a child when I didn't have lacy doilies around!! Have a happy V0Day, Patty!