Sunday, October 4, 2009

Great Grandma taught the ABCs

Aren't these lithograph printed paper on wooden blocks cool? They belong to
my Great-Grandmother when she taught at rural one room school house.
My grandfather played with them as a child. Mom says she remembers playing
with the blocks at the old family farm, when she was a little kid.
That is a lot of family history. Last year an appraiser from Antique Road Show came through Flagstaff to the "Home Show". Mom took the blocks down to have them dated...1870 to 1880!


My Heritage Scrapbooking Workshop is on Saturday the 10th of October.
Bring a project to work on and we will meet you in the downstairs class room
at Mystic Paper at 4:30 to 6:30...Give Mystic a call to sign up.

1 comment:

House of Hullabaloo said...

WoW! those are great! I couldn't make it Saturday. I had a bug! I got some copies of old pictures while I was in Mississippi. My family heard a lot about Patty! I copied them in color like you suggested. My cousins were really into genealogy. I wish they could have seen your Fabulous book you put together.