Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Taste Asia

I must have been in the mood for Lo Mein and Spring Rolls. This is another birthday card with a bit of an Asian look. The background is a dark chocolate brown cardstock with a wide red ribbon running along the left side. I used a credit card (the kind that comes in junk mail) and covered it with this gorgeous red Asian print. I have had this paper forever...it came from Memory Lane, which hasn't existed for a while. The ladies have moved on to other creative endeavors. The "Happy Birthday" is a strip of vellum run through a label maker, then matted with gold tissue paper.
I still have a few more birthday cards to create, I'll keep you posted.

Another OBLW:
I will be teaching a Heritage Scrapbook Workshop this Saturday the 19th of September - 3:30 to 5:30. Bring a project to work on and join us downstairs at Mystic Paper. You say you can't make it that day, but you really want to join in the fun...no problem...There will be another Workshop Friday the 25th of September -
4:30 to 6:30. Give Mystic Paper a call and sign up.

2 comments:

Margaret Preston said...

What a cute card! So simple and yet with a classy look of elegance.
~ Mary Lou

House of Hullabaloo said...

I love Asian! What a clever idea!